Real Life Hero Example – The Man Who Stopped World War 3
There are heroes, there are super heroes and then, there are real heroes. Vasili Arkhipov is one among the real life heroes.
This gentleman in the picture below, Vasili Arkhipov, is said to be the real person who stopped a possible World War as well as a nuclear war!
How did he stop WWIII alone? Read on to know more…
- Around half century ago, at the height of the Cuban Missile Crisis, second-in-command Vasilli Arkhipov was in Soviet submarine B-59.
- The US had been dropping powerful bombs near the submarine to force it back to surface, not knowing that has nuclear arms.
- The Soviet officers lost radio contact with Moscow and thought that World War 3 had started
- Two of the officers agreed to ‘explode the warships out of water.’
- But Arkhipov declined to agree with his Captain’s command to open nuclear strikes against US warships.
- This might have been a start of fatal superpower nuclear conflict.
- A unanimous approval of three officers was required to start a nuclear strike against the US warships.
- Since he said NO, we are all here, enjoying our life!
- A documentary called – “SEE RANK The Man Who Stopped WW3: Revealed/The Man Who Saved the World” is also released in 2012 talking more about Vasilli Arkhipov.
Do you Feel thankful for such persons on the planet?
Spread the word about this one with others as well.
Email subscribers can share this by visiting the link here. We have managed to find a documentary on youtube, not sure if its the same.
Most Inspiring Videos
Latest Whatsapp Video Wedding Invitation
Care For Your Parents – Inspirational Video